The Head Delegate has primary responsibility for leading the delegation and organizing it to attend the General Assembly. The Head Delegate assures that fees have been paid to TISL, hotel rooms have been reserved and transportation arrangements are in place.
A good Head Delegate:
- Communicates effectively. See Free Resources for valuable tools.
- Helps the delegation solve problems
- Listens to delegates and addresses their concerns
- Leads the effort to recruit new delegates with a focus on freshmen and sophomores who can lead your delegation in the future
Most delegations elect a new Head Delegate shortly after the General Assembly so that he/she can start early to organize for next year.
Checklist for Head Delegates
Before the General Assembly
At the General Assembly
- Start your delegation's check-in by visiting the State Treasurer on the 2nd Floor of the State Capitol
- Distribute individual delegation registration forms from the State Treasurer to your delegates
- Attend the Head Delegates meeting early Friday (see Schedule for details) to receive your delegation's voter roll for the election.
- Obtain signatures on the voter roll from your delegates.
39th General Assembly, November 2008